STEAMism.com

STEAMism.com
STEAMism.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Favorite Toy

My Favorite Toy
by Aniruddha

Do you know what my most favorite thing in my room is? It is my soft toy and sleeping buddy, a stuffed tiger. I named him Matthew and I enjoy playing with it and making up imaginary games with it.
My mother gave me a gift card of $10 at Target because I did very well at my studies and homework. So we went to Target to find my reward to spend my gift card on. First, I could not decide what to pick. I looked at footballs and table tennis balls, because these are my favorite sports. But, I did not find anything that I really needed. Then I asked my mother for a dinosaur toy and we went looking for a dinosaur. We saw one but they were so tiny that I decided I really did not want it. Then I saw these stuffed animal toys – there were elephants, tigers, and hippos.
Have you ever read a comic book called “Calvin and Hobbes”? Hobbes is Calvin’s stuffed tiger, but he is a real tiger for Calvin, while everyone else like his mother, father, teacher and friend only see him as a stuffed toy. So, the tiger that I found in Target looked exactly like Hobbes. He looked really funny. That is why I decided to buy the stuffed tiger. He is orange in color with black stripes. He has a long tail and a really funny looking moustache.
When I got the stuffed tiger home, I was trying to decide what to call him. My mother said you can name him Hobbes but I did not want to copy the book because I am not Calvin. So I decided to name him Matthew and now we are “Ani and Matthew”, just like, “Calvin and Hobbes”. I made up a game called “Tiger Football” that I play with Matthew. It’s a fast and fun game. Matthew also helps me from getting bored during homework time and he sleeps next to me during night time. He is a big tiger so he helps to chase away any monsters that come in my dreams.
If you ever visit me at home, I would like to show you my Matthew toy. My sister and all my friends like him and I am sure you will too. He is my best buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment