STEAMism.com

STEAMism.com
STEAMism.com

Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Adventure with Rook, my Assistant Robot


By Aniruddha

               I would like to tell you about an adventure I had with my assistant, who is a robot. It was the skillful adventure I ever had and I would like to thank, Rook, my robot, for helping me with it.
              Rook is a really intelligent robot – his brain is a computer which can store lots of data and does math faster than most humans. He is 5 ft tall and orange in color. He talks very funny and beeps after every sentence. He is a great companion - he does my homework, plays soccer and chess with me, and even does my laundry.
              On July 18th, 2022, a police officer knocked on my door. He had come to ask for my help in solving a case that they were having trouble with- a rich and famous Olympic player had lost 3 out of his 9 Olympic gold medals. I promised the police that I and my assistant, Rook, would definitely help with the case. I and Rook went to meet Troy Welches, the Olympic player, at his house. We looked at the display case from which the medals were stolen. The other display case was locked and had the remaining 6 medals. We found a broken window next to the display case.
              Just then, Rook found fingerprints on the display case and footprints outside the window. He stored these in his memory. We inferred that a thief had broken the window and stolen the medals. That night, me, Rook and Troy, hid under a desk in the room, where the remaining medals were stored. Just then, somebody came in through the broken window and tiptoed to the display case. Rook jumped up and caught his leg and I turned on the lights! The thief was Troy’s old coach! He thought the gold medals should belong to him instead since he had coached Troy when he won them. We called the police and then Troy got back his stolen medals.          
            The police officer thanked me and Rook for the hard work we did in solving the case. I played a game of chess with Rook and let him win, to thank him for his help with the case! I hope I have many more adventures with my robot, Rook!

No comments:

Post a Comment